Oathbreakers features singers Leslie Fish, Heather Alexander, Frank Hayes, Michael Longcor, and Juanita Coulson. Features lyrics by Mercedes Lackey.
Songs include: 1. There’s Always a Reason 2. The Swordlady, or “That Song” 3. Need 4. Mirror Spell 5. The Leslac Version 6. The Archivist 7. The Sunhawks 8. Oathbreakers 9. Love Found 10. Suffer the Children 11. Contemplations 12. Suprised by Joy 13. Leslac’s Last Lament
This album is part of a series of music associated with Mercedes Lackey and her writing. They are:
- Heralds, Harpers & Havoc – Dealing with the first trilogy Mercedes Lackey wrote in the Velgarth series: consisting of Arrows of the Queen, Arrows Flight and Arrows Fall.
- Lovers, Lore & Loss concerns mostly the third book, Arrows Fall.
- Shadow Stalker: Songs from Vanyel’s Time – Dealing with the next trilogy The Last Herald Mage, consisting of Magic’s Pawn, Magic’s Promise, and Magic’s Price.
- Oathbound – Lackey’s Vows and Honor started out as a duology consisting of Oathbound and Oathbreaker. Later a collection of all the short stories and a new novella, Oathblood, was added to make a trilogy. This album corresponds with the first two books.
- Oathbreakers – This album also deals with the duology.
- By the Sword – This album by Meg Davis has no songs written by Mercedes Lackey, but it was inspired by the Velgarth series so some include it in the list.
- Owlflight & Griffons – Dealing with the Mage War Trilogy (The Black Gryphon, The White Gryphon, The Silver Gryphon) and Darian’s Tale Trilogy (Owlflight, Owlsight, Owlknight).
- Magic, Moondust & Melancholy – Various songs covering a variety of topics and fantasy/sci-fi worlds. Some songs go with the book By The Sword.
- Freedom, Flight & Fantasy – Mercedes Lackey wrote all of the songs, some never recorded before.
- Sun & Shadow – Songs performed by Golden Bough telling the tale of the founding of the Kingdom of Valdemar.
Canadian and overseas: not responsible for VAT or any other tariffs and taxes levied.